Council Meeting Highlights
February 12, 2024
- Council had a budget presentation from Wanda Malsbury with the Linden Municipal Library.
- Council declared February 18 – 24, 2024 as Freedom to Read Week.
- Council approved a $6,000 donation to the Linden Municipal Library to help offset the 2024 Marigold Levy and aid in operating costs.
- Council is to review the Resolutions Page and come back to the April 8th Regular Council Meeting with ideas to sponsor a resolution at the 2024 ABmunis Convention.
- Council made recommendations on amendments to the General Design Standards and Construction Specification 2023 document and sent them to the Engineers for their input.
- Council approved the reappointment of Cynthia Klassen as the Marigold Library Board Representative for a 3 year term expiring October 2027.
- Council reviewed and authorized Mayor Klassen to sign the Audit Planning Letter for the Annual Financial Audit.
February 26, 2024
- Council had a presentation from Lance Isaac requesting an increase to the hen license limits.
- Council directed Administration to bring back the Bylaw for review at the March 11 Regular Council Meeting.
- Council had a presentation from Sgt. Tulloch with the RCMP.
- Let the minutes reflect that due to a miscommunication, Councillor Wiebe did not willfully abstain from voting of Motions Res 24, 25 and 26 at February 14, 2024 Regular Meeting of Council.
- Council approved a fund transfer of $7,312.50 to the savings account to reflect motor vehicle collision revenue.
- Council authorized Deputy Mayor Robinson to attend the Airdrie & Beiseker RCMP Rural Town Hall.
- Council authorized Mayor Klassen to sign Schedule C Requisition for Marigold Library System outlining the 2025 and 2026 levy increases.
- Council concurs with the recommendations from CIMA+ and that Insituform Technologies Ltd. And UG Excavating be awarded the tenders for the 2024 Capital Works Projects.