The Village of Linden is seeking a motivated, detail oriented, enthusiastic professional to join our Support Team. This position is a permanent full-time position. Minimum requirements include possessing a High School Diploma or GED and recent professional experience in the administrative field. This multi-faceted municipal administrative position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for providing front office clerical support in a variety of areas; various accounting and clerical duties and including accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, property taxes, utilities and cash receipts.
This position also acts as a liaison with the public and must communicate in a courteous and effective manner.
Ideally, the successful candidate possesses the following knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices, governmental or utility desired.
- Knowledge of computers and office applications with the ability to operate and use technology.
- Skilled in operating various types of equipment & office equipment including calculators, on-line payment processing, and multi-line phone.
- Effective communication, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate professionally, tactfully, and effectively with the public, developers, coworkers, administrative staff, local agencies and members of Village Council.
- Demonstrate effective conflict management skills.
- Manage time well, be highly organized and plan work assignments effectively to maintain a smooth flow of record keeping and information processing.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a computer generated resume, along with a hand written cover letter outlining their accomplishments, salary expectations and three references to:
Village of Linden
Linden AB T0M 1J0
Attn: Chief Administrative Officer
Fax: (403) 546-2112
Closing date: until a suitable candidate has been found.
The Village appreciates all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
Linden Municipal Library is looking for a part-time Library Manager or Assistant, depending on qualifications. Computer skills an asset, high school graduate preferred. Duties include: managing library resources’ in & out of the library, assisting patrons & overseeing library.
Application deadline is January 28, 2022
Email resume to email@example.com or dropp off at the library in Dr. Elliott School
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org