To request Tax Certificates:
please email your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or
fax the request to 403-546-2112.
Cost is $35 payable by cheque, Mastercard or VISA.
Discretionary Development Permit Granted
Development Permit Number: 2023-14
Legal Address: Lot 2, Block A, Plan 6324JK
Land Use District: CB – Commercial District
Approved Uses: Automobile Sales and Lease
The above noted Development Permit on Lot 2 Blcok A Plan 6324JK for an automobile sales ald leasing business was considered by the Municipal Planning Commission on November 14, 2023. The Municipal Planning Commission approced the application subject to the following conditions:
Standard Conditions of Approval:
1. Development shall conform to the Village of Linden Land Use Bylaw 2012-04; CB- Commercial Business District.
Specific Conditions for Approval:
1. This permit shall only be valid until December 31, 2026.
2. The Automobile Leasing shall allow for the parking and storage of automotive vehicles for lease by the general public on Lot 2 Block A Plan 6324JK. No vehicles shall be parked or stored on Lot 2 Block A Plan 8810768.
3. The Automobile Sales use shall allow for the parking and storage of automotive vehicles (passenger vehicles) for sale to the general public on Lot 2 Block A Plan 6324JK. No vehicles shall be parked or stored on Lot 2 Block A Plan 8810768.
4. The accessory Administrative Office of the Automobile Leasing business and the Automotive Sales business may operate from the existing building located on Lot 2 Block A Plan 8810768.
5. No more than ten (10) units at a time to be parked on Lot 2 Block A Plan 6324JK. Parking to be as per the site plan submitted by the applicant.
1. A Business License must be obtained from the Village of Linden.
2. Registration and licensing with Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC) to be obtained.
This decision will be advertised on November 22, 2023 and November 29, 2023 in The Capital. Should you wish to appeal this decision, or any of its conditions, your appeal must be received by Clerk of the Regional SDAB (c.o Parkland Community Planning Services, Unit B, 4730 Ross ST, Red Deer AB T4N 1X3) within twenty-one (21) days after the notice of decision. Your appeal must be received by the Clerk of the SDAB by 4:00 p.m. on December 5, 2023. The Clerk can be reached at 403-343-3394 and additional information is available at www.pcps.ca.
Following the appeal period, should no appeals be submitted, the Development Permit will be issued
Please call 403-546-3888 with any questions or concerns regarding this matter.
We are changing the way you view our Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes!
Village News & Upcoming Events
December 2 – Light Up Celebration in the Coulee beginning at 4 pm, lights on at 5:30 pm. Then join the Linden AG Society for their light up @ the rink beginning at 6 pm.
December 5 – Linden Business Builders Youth Group Hot Chocolate Bomb Sale @ High Seas Coffee Co. from 4 – 5 pm.
December 6 – Seniors Outreach Christmas Shopping Trip to Red Deer. Bus leaving Linden @ 9am, $30/person, call 403-443-2555.
December 11 – Regular Council Meeting at the Office @ 7 pm
December 12 – Linden Food Bank Christmas Hamper Deadline (application forms in The Capital or at the Office). Text or call 403-863-9588 if you need assistance.
December 12 – Linden Food Bank Drive starting @ 6 pm.
December 14 – Seniors Outreach trip to Innisfail Wildlife Park Light the Night. Bus leaves Three Hills @ 5:55 pm, $20/person, call 403-443-2555.
December 15- Linden Care & Share Christmas Potluck @ 5:30 pm.
December 18 to 22 – Light Up Competition Judging to take place.
December 22 – Village Office Closes @ noon for the holidays.
December 24 – Christmas Eve!
December 25 – MERRY CHRISTMAS!
December 26 – Boxing Day
December 27 – Residential Garbage Day Pick Up.
January 1 – HAPPY NEW YEAR!
January 2 – Village Office Reopens @ 8:30 am.
Regular Council Meeting will be held via Zoom & in person.
Council Meetings @ 7:00 pm Join Zoom Meeting Here
Please take note of the Meeting ID & Password prior to clicking the link to join the meeting.
Meeting ID: 826 0724 1050 Password: 180278
Dial in for Canada: 1 778 907 2071
1 438 809 7799 1 587 328 1099
1 647 374 4685 1 647 558 0588
Working with the Municipalitles, Kneehill County has created a directory of activities that are available within the County.
For convenience, you make look at each Municipality individually (example: Located in Linden)